Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring is finally here....

In which the sun comes out and I get paranoid.....

The weather is getting really nice here. I love it but am missing it so far because I have been at work all day, every day, for the last 6 days. But there is not a doubt that winter is over! I know the bees are essential to our ecosystem but I do wish I had some sort of force field to keep them at least 5 feet away, at all times.

Pretty flowers


I finally got one of my 2 cars running. The first car died at the gas station one day and has never started again. Leaving everyone that has looked at in a puzzled state. That says to me that it is either electrical or something to do with a computer of some sort. Whatever, I know less about cars than I know about trigonometry. That would be zero. See the story here. Last weekend, my brother tore himself away from Diablo II long enough to look at my car.

Him: "There is a hole in the tranny pan!
Me: "How can that happen?"
Him: "Someone hit something or a rock hit it."
Me: "But I didn't hit anything. I would have heard something like that."
Him: " Well.... I could have, you never know."

Then he walked away. He totally knew he hit something. But all is forgiven because he called his friend with some J-B Weld. They fixed the mysterious hole and I am driving my own car again. I'm seriously thinking of trading it in though. I reconsider often because I REALLY do not want a car payment right now.

Easter went well. We took the kids to Hood Park for the Easter Egg hunt. We colored and glittered eggs at home. Had our annual Easter Egg hunt there. 50 eggs total. There were 3 "Money" eggs. Luckily, each kid got one. We didn't have my brother's youngest this year, even though it is a "weekend" holiday and he is supposed to be with my brother on those holidays. My bro doesn't want things difficult so he doesn't make a big deal out of anything. He lets it go. Says he just wants to be a Dad and do the right thing by his boys. He is a good man.

I chose to work the weekend while James went out of town for two reasons. (1) I would have to work 2 days until 8pm and still have to be in Walla Walla at 8am everyday to bring my son to school. Which meant I would leave my house at 7am and get home somewhere around 9pm. No, thank you. (2)Michelle and KJ had plans for that weekend months or weeks ago. So, it wouldn't be fair to make her work the weekend just to pull the seniority card. What does all this mean? It means, 9 days straight of work for LeftCoastGirlie. It's day 6 and I am already super tired of being here. I know I need a vacation. I have been here nearly 2 years and have only called in, roughly, 3 or 4 times. I want need time off. I tell myself that almost everyday now. I do get one in August. Yay! I wish I was going somewhere cool. But I am just staying home. Which is lovely in itself. Next spring, I'm taking the kids on a vacation. They haven't been since the cross country trip, from Georgia to Washington State, 2 years ago. The only part of that trip that one could consider a vacation was the trip to the Atlanta Aquarium. They get to choose between New York/D.C or Disney World or Disney Land. I have a feeling I will be out numbered and will not be going New York in the spring. There's always the next trip.

Now, for the paranoia. Nevermind. It's silly. *To self* And who cares if people are mad or don't talk to you. Maybe you take too many hormones. Maybe you need sleep. Or maybe you just shouldn't read things in where they do not belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment