Saturday, April 3, 2010

You have been weighed...measured and found wanting

In which this is exactly why I will never get married..


Fiction! That is why. Fictional men are waaay better than real men. Not just the men but the whole depiction of love is better in fiction. I think it started for me with Little Women. Or maybe it was Romeo and Juliet. Where ever it started, it continues and I, literally, just figured it out. Just now. After reading the story of how desperately in love Romeo is with Juliet or Mr Darcy and Elizabeth or even Heathcliff and Catherine or more recent, Edward and Bella my relationship(s) will never measure up when I can't even get him to take out the garbage for fuck sake!

I blame fiction for my inability to ever show up at my own wedding.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I blame men for your inability to ever show up at your own wedding.

    2. It's almost August. Which means we almost have a Shakespeare date, biznatch.

    ReplyDelete